vi en

icon DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES

History of Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology

1957

Phu Tho National Technical Center was established with 4 colleges: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Vietnam National Maritime Engineering.

1972

The center was renamed as National Technical Institute, Faculty of Technology and Faculty of Basic Sciences was founded.

1973

The institute was renamed Technical University.

1975

The country re-united at the end of the war.

1976

The university was reorganized as University of Technology with 5 specialized faculties: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering.

1978

Faculty of Geology was founded.

1990

Post graduate engineering programs were first introduced.

1991

The two Faculties of Water Resources Engineering and Civil Engineering were merged into Faculty of Civil Engineering.

1992

School of Industrial Management was founded.

1993

Credit-based training system has been applied Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering was.

1996

Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology became a member of Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City.

1999

Faculty of Environment was founded.

2000

Faculty of Transportation Engineering was founded.

2001

Faculty of Materials Technology was founded.

2003

Faculty of Applied Sciences was founded

2005

The University was awarded “Labour Hero of the Innovation Process” by the Government

2007

Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology was awarded “Independence Medal” by the Government.

 

COUNTER

© All Copyright 2011. Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology.

top