National Key Lab for Polymer & Composite
To meet the high need of advanced materials serving the industrialization and modernization of the country, the Ministry of Sciences and Technology and Vietnam National University come to a decision to establish the National Key Lab of Polymer & Composite which is under the administration of Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology in 2003. With total investment capital from the Government budget, the lab is a leading one in the field of Polymer & Composite in Vietnam.
- Impacting on the growth of a range of new technologies and emerging industries serving the modernization & industrialization of Vietnam.
- Conducting fundamental researches on emerging technology and product development in new advanced polymers and high performance polymers and composites.
- Conducting researches and designing equipments used in polymer and composite product manufacture.
- Training and fostering high quality human resources in research activities, manufacturing and industries.
- Cooperation in research with individuals and organizations inside and outside the country.
- Carrying out the services in polymers and composites.
- Applying and transferring new technologies to communities.
Focus Areas of Research
- Developing in the fundamental researches:
- New advanced materials, high performance polymers: Electrically high temperature materials; electrically insulating polymers; high strength/high modulus materials; …
- Nanocomposite materials on polymeric matrices.
- Electrically semi-conductive and conductive polymers.
- Biodegradable, biomedical polymers and biocomposites.
- Structural and multifunctional polymers…
- Carrying out applied researches:
- Researches on using of local raw materials as sisal fibres and other natural fibres in making friendly polymeric and composite products.
Developing the synthesis/processing technologies to industries producing the products serving social economy and living: rural irrigation; transportation; chemical industries and other fields.