Polymer Research Center
Polymer Research Center (PRC) was established in 1990 in response to high demand for polymeric materials of the country. Since then, the center has continuously developed. From a small center which covers an area of 1000m2 inside HCMUT main campus, PRC has set up an 8000m2 workshop for manufacturing composite ships at Cam Ranh, Khanh Hoa Province.
Research Focus and Activities:
- Advanced polymer, rubber and composite materials: fire-retarded materials, anti-corrosion materials, weathered materials, chemical resistant materials, degradable polymer, etc…
- Engineering polymer and composites
- Polymer blends and rubber blends.
- Natural rubber derivatives and processing
- Synthesis and characterization of polymer, rubber and composite materials
- Applications of polymer, rubber and composite materials in industries: chemical industry, food industry, environmental treatment plants, transportation vehicles, etc…